Sunday, August 15, 2010

48

I keep saying that I’m going to keep this short because the results are no fun to write or read about. This time I mean it.

The Tigers meat-loafed the White Sox over the weekend, winning the last two games of the series on blown saves by J.J. Putz after the Sox took the opener 8-4. Putz is closing because Bobby Jenks has back spasms. Putz appears to have neck spasms or perhaps he’s just choking.

Meanwhile, Minnesota continues to win, sweeping the A’s, to extend their lead to 3.0 games over the suddenly fading Sox. The Good Guys head to Target Field for a three-game series with the Twinkies. We can wind up anywhere from tied for first (3-0 will do it) to 6.0 games behind (0-3) by the time it's over. Let’s hope for the former. Go Sox!

(See, I told you I was going to keep it short.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home