Monday, September 19, 2011

163

I could pretend that I was waiting for the White Sox to win again before I made another post, but the truth is I've been away on business and not able to tend to The Update.  But don't worry, you didn't miss anything good while I was gone.
The Sox continued to lose -- seven in a row -- until yesterday.  The only thing worth mentioning is that Paul Konerko put the cherry on top of his season by poking his 30th home run, a solo shot in the seventh inning.  That goes along nicely with his 103 RBI and .306 batting average to make one hell of a season.
By the way, for those of you who are new, the reason the Magic Number is listed as 163 is simple.  The Sox have been eliminated from this year's races for the post-season -- Central Division and Wild Card -- and 163 is the number that all teams will start the 2012 season with as their Magic Number.
I know I said earlier that I'd discuss the pitching staff, but I can't muster whatever it takes to get that done.  So in lieu of that, I'll be refunding the subscription fee that you paid for reading The Update.  Oh, wait, you don't pay me anything to write this, so I guess I can call it a season whenever I want.
Since the Sox went ALL IN and lost all of their chips, I'm calling it now.  Thanks for reading.  See you next year.   Go Sox!  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back Sherm!
Fleisig

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home