Tuesday, April 20, 2010

155

So I'm watching Baseball Tonight and I see Scott Podsednik make a diving catch in left field and say to myself, "I miss Pods.  I wonder how he's doing."  Pretty damn well, I must say.  He's got the best batting average in the Major Leagues at .457.  His on-base percentage is a remarkable .528.  His slugging percentage is a respectable .478.  And, oh yeah, he's got seven stolen bases.  Of course, that made me look at Juan Pierre's stats: .208 batting average; .283 on-base percentage; .208 slugging percentage (same as his batting average means no extra-base hits); and six stolen bases.  He's not even Podsednik-lite.  Besides all this, we had a history with Scottie Pods and he was on Saturday Night Live.

Not to pour salt on the wound, but the White Sox are about to face the Tampa Bay Rays, the team with the best record in baseball at 10-3.  The Rays are fresh off a four-game sweep of the Bosox in Fenway and are riding a seven-game winning streak overall.  Just what the Good Guys didn't need.  Hell, we just got swept by Cleveland, which is an other-worldly 5-1 against the Sox and a pathetic 1-5 against the rest of the league.  Let's hope the best brings out the best in the Pale Hose.  Go Sox!


4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Ring said...

At least we've got the Blackhawks to lighten the mood!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Sherm Lollar said...

I've got a two-fer: the Hawks and the Caps.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Len F said...

Boudreau is looking like a genius for putting Varlamov in. Don't think we will see Jose for the rest of their playoff run.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Sherm Lollar said...

Not so fast my friend. Varly will get the next start, but if he falters, it will be "yes, way Jose" particularly for games away from Montreal. I'm hoping for a Blackhawks-Caps Finals, so I'm guaranteed a winner.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home