Tuesday, April 19, 2011

152

Hey, if the White Sox aren't going to live up to their end of the bargain, I'm not going to live up to mine.  No more penetrating analysis or wry humor from me until the Sox break out of this losing streak, which reached five games yesterday with a 5-0 loss to the Rays in St. Pete.

I'll count down the Magic Number, because Magic Number is our middle name -- literally.  But not a whole lot more than that until there's something fun to write about.  Anyway, we're stuck on 152, but slipping in the standings.  Cleveland -- yes, Cleveland -- leads the division at 12-4, while the Sox are 5.0 games back at 7-9.  We're ahead of the Twins, but now we're even behind the Tigers. 

It's too early to panic, but I've never been one to put things off, so I'm starting to get worried.  Now it's not just the bullpen and defense that's causing us to lose; the hitting and starters are in the toilet as well. 

On that happy note, I'll end with the usual: Go Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home